SAFe Advanced Scrum Master(SASM®)
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
⦁ SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
⦁ Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
⦁ Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
⦁ Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
⦁ Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
⦁ Building high-performing teams
⦁ Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
⦁ Learning and Communities of Practice
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Renewal fee for the SSM certification is included in SASM renewal (if your SASM certification is up-to-date)
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
⦁ Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
⦁ Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts.
⦁ Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
⦁ Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
|Exam format:||Multiple choice.|
|Exam Delivery:||Proctored, Web-based (single-browser).|
|Exam access:||The exam link will be sent via email within 24 hours after class concludes. You can book your own exam slot according to your convenience.|
|Exam duration:||1.5 hours (90 minutes) once the exam begins.|
|Number of questions:||45 questions.|
|Passing score:||34 out of 45 (76% passing score).|
|Exam cost:||First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee (within 30 days of course completion). Each retake attempt costs $50.|
|Retake policy:||Second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.|
Contact: email@example.com for any retake questions.