Agile Certified Consultants are in demand big time. When it comes to SAFe, there are Certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs), also known as change agents, combine their technical knowledge of SAFe with an essential motivation to improve the company’s software plus systems development processes. They play a critical role in effectively implementing SAFe. Agile consultants come from numerous external or internal roles, including business and technology leaders, portfolio/program/project managers, analysts, process leads, architect, and consultants.
Why is there A Dearth of Qualified Agile Consultants?
There is a reason behind this dearth of agile coaches and consultants. Well, it is because the requirement for agile coaches outstrips the supply big-time. The adoption rate for agile is on the growing since 2001; hence, the demand is increasing. It takes years and years to grow good coaches. As a result, it is hard for supply to catch up with demand any time soon.
Responsibilities of Agile consultants!
- Training executives, leaders, and managers – They socialize new concepts and provide orientation as well as overview training. Agile consultants teach Leading SAFe to leaders, stakeholders, and managers.
- Establishing a Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) – Agile consultants assist the LACE with building and also executing the transformation backlog.
- Identifying Value Streams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs) – Working with stakeholders to know the flow of value, Agile consultants see value streams and ARTs to come across those that are the most opportunistic for launch.
- Creating the implementation plan – Agile consultants play a part in creating a plan for the rollout, communicate forthcoming changes, and establish metrics. Preparing for the ART launch – Agile consultants assist the LACE plan moreover prepare for the ART launch. They coach leadership and help facilitate the foundation of new Agile Teams.
- They also train or source training of executives, development teams, leaders, and speciality roles—such as Product Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Release Train Engineer (RTE) and imparts Spark training. They also assess and also evolve launch and backlog readiness.
The role of agile coaching!
Agile consultants must be qualified for their new role, acquiring the skills and tools needed to execute their duties and to coach and teach others to implement and support the change. The best way to get this is to take SAFe training from a SAFe® Program Consultant certification class
They also are trained on how to identify value streams, identify and launch ARTs, and help build plus manage an Agile portfolio. Scaling Lean-Agile across the enterprise also needs training all the people who do the work. To make this cost-effective and practical, Scaled Agile supports a train the trainer, fan-out model, licensing Agile consultants to teach SAFe courses that support the other key roles in the implementation. This provides an affordable training strategy moreover supplies the trainers needed to achieve the mission of company-wide change.
This course prepares Agile consultants to turn out to be the change agents who lead the transformation. Attendees learn how to efficiently apply the principles and practices of SAFe and organize, train, as well as coach Agile teams.